where is the cerebral jester?

where is the cerebral jester?
visit him and his friends at the house of dandridge by clicking above

Thursday, October 5, 2006

here's some original poetry for you

i'm finally writing again and it must mean i'm happy or inspired or both or maybe just the act of writing itself brings me joy and satisfaction...maybe i was in another one of those self-proclaimed coccoons...repairing my motors and gears...busy designing the style and color of my newest set of wings i wrote this while sitting on the train...scribbling away while sitting still yet flying in reverse in a backwards seat...not going back in time but forward in life....enjoy



usually intentionally avoiding the cliche

dare i say with hallmarkian zest
with echoes of an afterschool special
when it rains it pours

either feast or famine


usually eros leaves me
unattended


something you should never do
to a burning candle
yet when he decides to pull back his bow
and launch one of his ornery arrows
he tends to target more than one man for me to ponder and pine over to overcrowd my head to overcrowd my heart
with fantasies and feverish frollicks

through my cantankerous libido jungle


instead of denying myself these pleasures

and claiming my fortress is not complete enough

to welcome another knight at my side
i am going to march full force

into a battle of the kind
i've rarely fought in


the only way to experience is to try
the only way to learn is from a mistake

the only way to happiness is through

the only way to die is to have lived

photo by James Bidgood

0 comments:

Apture

DJ Chauncey D on Facebook