where is the cerebral jester?

where is the cerebral jester?
visit him and his friends at the house of dandridge by clicking above

Saturday, October 4, 2008

original poetry - "cheshire" and "e pluribus unum"

here are some oldies but goodies...they are both, in my opinion, still pretty relevant to today

enjoy!



Cheshire

Sending signals to the registry
My newest ally - My newest muse
The Keeper of the Collective Smile
His fascinations
Fascinate me
His elevations
Elevate me
His absolutions
Absolve me
And his dreams
Awaken me
I found him inside a lollipop
Butterflies replaced the locusts
Starfish replaced the piranhas
Thunderstorms replaced the desert
He had no utility belt
He had no angry weapon
He had everything
Because he had a smile
I call him Cheshire



E Pluribus Unum

We stand heroes on pedestals
Because we are grateful
For the risks they have taken
And despite the outcome
Whether they live or die
They have set an example for us
Performed magic we like to apprentice
But nobody wants to discuss
Where the unusual conflict was born
No thundercloud brought a bolt of lightning
That became the fire the firemen fought
No twist and turn of the earth
Opened up the ground and swallowed the people
No accident made the sirens scream
It was not simple therefore
It was not natural
A jury delivering sentence to a crime
Committed in a bizarre self defense
Disguised as self preservation
Hiding behind that magic pedestal

0 comments:

Apture

DJ Chauncey D on Facebook