where is the cerebral jester?

where is the cerebral jester?
visit him and his friends at the house of dandridge by clicking above

Sunday, November 12, 2006

success!


so last night was my debut at the gay mecca known as "splash" (or sbny sarcastically) and honestly i don't know exactly how i feel about it. the system was unique to say the least...no monitor for me and the equipment set up for a gnome (i did some serious squats the entire night...my thighs are sore) and the idea of djing in a place that i don't usually go to anymore was interesting. i did well after some adjustment time...subjecting the chelsea crowd to my style of electro, house and other dirty beats that i'm sure they don't get to hear very often. i was downstairs while dj superdave was playing (no offense) the gay cliche anthem house upstairs. the booth downstairs is planted right near the bathrooms so i basically got to see every single person in the club at one point or another and i must say the eye candy made me diabetic. there were some hot hot men there last night....a definite bonus to ease my nervousness. recieved a lot of compliments about what i was playing from staff and patrons...and made lots of eye contact throughout the night. the verdict is i have a new monthly residence down there as aaron tanner added me to his roster of rotating djs...i'm definitely pleased and take it as a success but i'm anxious to see where this will take me careerwise...only time will tell...
A big thank you to all who attended and supported me in such a foreign environment!

0 comments:

Apture

DJ Chauncey D on Facebook