where is the cerebral jester?

where is the cerebral jester?
visit him and his friends at the house of dandridge by clicking above

Saturday, July 12, 2008

housing works?


tonight was one of the best nights of my life

on monday, i was terminated from my position of store manager at housing works thrift shop in chelsea. it was the flagship store. it was the model that six other fundraising entities were designed after. i used to wake up every day and look forward to taking the train and walking into the beloved chaos, trying every day to make sense of a world that gave me purpose....a situation that provoked me to use every fiber of my being to perform miracles on a daily basis. i relished the challenges i was faced with each and every minute of each and every day. i laughed at the inconsistency of the tyrannical upper management. it was all for the cause. we were supposedly all banning together to raise money for homeless new yorkers living with hiv and aids. i devoted my wasted threshold for pain to this ridiculous organization. nothing could dare diminish the sparkle in my eye as i led a bunch of wonderful misfits on a journey each day to make sense of the mayhem that was delivered to us each afternoon and each morning and sometimes each evening. i tried my very best.

unfortunately, once again, my passion, my intellect and my opinion thwarted my plans. i had a steady paycheck. i had health benefits. i finally managed to forge myself a bank account. i grew up! all that is gone for now. someone in a position higher than me did not like the fact that i was someone people admired, someone that earned respect because he deserved respect, someone that could ask anything of anyone because they knew that i would do the same if i had to, someone who had all the qualities that fulfilled the position. that person destroyed the fortress i had temporarily created in one day. she does not deserve such power.

but tonight, my former coworker, my confidant, my friend, my joy...organized a farewell party for me that completely blew me away. she gathered all the people that i care deeply about...all the people that made my experience worth experiencing....all the people that i've touched so deeply and in return have touched me so deeply...into one ridiculous room to send me off the proper way. all this has reinforced the fact that i was a success. all of this has reinforced the idea that my magic will always be remembered. all of this shall propel me to return to form in the next few weeks as the superhero that i am. and shannon, the australian angel, got all dressed up for me and looked so pretty!

if i were not me...i would certainly envy me because i have experienced such love and i have experienced such loyalty and i have experienced the sorcery of mankind. it might sound silly and it might sound fantastic but that is because it is. it is so goddamn rare to be understood. it is so rare to be appreciated. it is so rare to be a leader that people admire and i have accomplished all of those things. i have succeeded and i am proud to be there to witness it all.

thank you!

p.s. i got my bear! and my pajamas!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Chauncey,

I am sorry I couldn't be there last night, but unfortunately because of a certain duo there are a lot of places I cant show my face.

I still cant believe what happened, you were doing amazing things at that store. Have faith, something so much better will come along for you, I know it will.

Keep in touch

Anomaly said...

Change is a good thing, sounds to me like you're in need of something new anyway! ;)

Apture

DJ Chauncey D on Facebook