where is the cerebral jester?

where is the cerebral jester?
visit him and his friends at the house of dandridge by clicking above

Saturday, August 2, 2008

goodbye and hello again



so last night was my last night in williamsburg...i moved in at the end of january and i'm moving out august 2nd. it was only six months but it felt like a lifetime! when i moved here, it was to escape the wrath of my former psycho landlord who claimed me and my roomate didn't pay her for like 6 months and we had no way to prove otherwise because she wouldn't accept checks for almost a year and never gave us receipts...but that's a whole lifetime ago. when i first moved in here...i had just recently become store manager of the housing works in chelsea and at the beginning of july, i was fired from housing works for reasons ridiculous. you can scroll down for that posting if you wish hehe. so now i'm leaving a place i never really felt at home at on to an apartment shared with two others in astoria...one a dj with a sick studio hookup in his bedroom (i'm going to be able to make mixes again!!!) and the other one of my dearest friends in the universe...mel. i've lived in astoria before so it will be interesting to be back in that neighborhood. i'll be familiar with the shops and the train stops so adjustment to my surroundings will not be one of my distractions this time around and i'm definitely looking forward to that. my only concern is that i'm going into it without a job currently other than the few dj gigs i still have and my unemployment payments (it's the first time in my entire working life that i gave in and decided to collect and let me tell you it feels good!)
i'm also leaving the most unintentional roomate i ever thought i would have...living here was definitely a spur of the moment decision out of desperation and it almost destroyed one of my newest friendships. i never really enjoyed living here after the initial excitement washed away. i couldn't smoke in the house (even though i snuck ciggies quite often), he was allergic to anything scented so my love for scented candles and incense had to be shut down, my bedroom was a literal closet, the wireless internet connection was nearly non existent (a dj with a slow internet connection is the harshest form of torture) and the apartment always smelled like marcus the dog and the bathroom never smelled like anything other than dog piss. i did get to enjoy taking the L train for a while though...spending most of my time out in the east village drinking the nights away with too often a vial of cocaine to prolong the inevitable time i spent in the apartment. and that's just the tip of the iceberg of complaints...hehe.
when i move out things will definitely get better because not only were me and river roomates but i got him a job at housing works right after i moved in and he bartended at the bar that i dj at. the time we spent together was more than most couples i know spend together. it was power trip after power trip...and advantage taken after advantage until the crescendo of frustration was a little too loud and a little too shrill for either of our likings. but alas...you never really get to know someone until you live with them and i'm sure we both learned more than we cared to. so it's another newish beginning for me...wish me luck in finding a job asap and to finally find the success i've been looking for since i first moved out of my parent's house. i've honestly never quite figured it all out and hopefully this next incarnation of my life will see that all happen in its grandest form.

i leave you with a song from alanis morisette's new album called 'flavors of entanglement'...the track is called 'not as we' and it really smacked me in the face when i first heard it and really sums up how i feel right about now...thanks again alanis. the new album is brilliant and reminds me lot of my favourite album by her 'supposed former infatuation junkie'...and makes me excuse her for all the albums inbetween that didn't quite do it for me

alanis morisette - not as we

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Such a gem, from a better yet whole new album of hers..! This is been considered her "Ray of Light" Album. As in beautiful electronica & well produced sounds, & most personal lyrically as well. U & me share the same opinion on "Suppossed Former Infatuation Junkie" it has always been my favourite. Let's see where this new one takes us to.

Apture

DJ Chauncey D on Facebook