where is the cerebral jester?

where is the cerebral jester?
visit him and his friends at the house of dandridge by clicking above

Thursday, December 14, 2006

religion in latin means return to the one


hey everyone...still wondering if anyone is out there at all.

been trying my best to keep this blog up to date but not sure whether i have any readers. i know i have some fellow bloggers out there who have me in their links but not sure whether people click on me either way. if you do come by from time to time please post a comment so that i know i have an audience. meanwhile, i am content with the fact that i am blogging at all. if i relied on having an audience all the time...i'd be crazier than i already am.

i mentioned a week or so back that i had gotten fired from the urge...the gay bar i used to dj and work the d
oor at. it was about time i must say. i had gotten away with being the mouthy rebel that i think i am, even though i don't say what i feel and therefore don't get what i want more of the time, for longer than i expected. speaking my mind has always gotten me into some delicious troubles so why not quench my appetite from time to time. aside from that, typically the way the firing was done was cowardly and pathetic as most pink slips are passed anyway. i went through a lot in my life the past four years working there and i can't say i regretted a darn thing. i went through my last throes of being addicted to crystal meth (so proud that i did it all myself) and although i occasionally dabble in her sister...i am not a fiend for anything anymore other than a nice neat and abundant shot of JD to eventually make me sloppy. my thirtieth year, although much anticipated in my mind, has been a rough one...falling behind in rent...my self-esteem beaten up...and all that jazz related to that saturn's return bullshit. when it comes down to it...i love falling from time to time...because the getting up is always so interesting and exciting.
one thing i've been able to do in this little unplanned vacation is to get back to listening to the music that made me a fan of music to begin with....the singer/songwriter "lesbian folk" or "martyr music" as some have called it. i have recently been so obsessed with electronic music and stuff that i would be able to play at work that i ignored a lot of the beautiful music that has come out in the last couple years. this little break will give me the opportunity to digress so to speak and get back to the one thing that made my padded room so much a paradise. a song.

also i have magically become inspired to write again and am going to do so after i publish this until like old times my face falls onto my notebook and my pen leaves an obscure mark on the page that i made while dreaming. i remember the days i would wake up and if i used a marker of some sort there would be a huge ink spot after the last word i scribbled was. those were the nights....

but a semi-recent musical discovery has been regina spektor. i just found an older album
of hers called 11:11 (big shout out to kindred sister esv) and all the songs are wonderful but i'm gonna post one of my favourites for you to taste...kinda goes along with that lawsuit recently about making the american dollar accessible to the blind (google it)
regina spektor - braille
and a song i share a love affair with with my former boss...a song i will never play for him again accompanied by an unusually sexy picture of th
e goddess herself
tori amos - cooling

and i'm gonna finish it off with a remix of amy winehouse's "rehab" by dj ronifah...i find it refreshingly
fitting hehe
amy winehouse - rehab (dj ronifah)

3 comments:

Tim said...

Hey Chauncey,
Just wanted to let you know you have a reader in Rural Pa. I'm not sure if I have ever posted a comment or not, but I have enjoyed reading many of your posts. I also enjoy many of your musical posts as well.
this last post struck a chord with me, I guess because having fought not to assimulate or normalize myself, I too have landed hard a few times. It has after the intial shock, somehow made me more determined to succeed.
A while ago my brother in law, who is really more of a brother to me, told me he admires me. His extact words were. "Tim you land in the shit. You shout, cry, and think about it, then pick yourself up and move on every time. That takes alot of guts, and I have to tell ya your stronger than I am. Without your sister, I would be living in a box somewhere."
comming from my very quiet and shy brotherin law that meant alot to me. However I see it in alot of my freinds too, that determination. Sure we play hard, party hard, but we also work damn hard for the privilege.
I hope this is apra pos, and to the piont, probably not. Oh well keep on writing, both here and in your notebook, and I'll keep on reading.
Timmer

Unknown said...

Of course you have readers. It's the perfect way for me to keep up-to-date! Keep it coming.

A
XOXO

Unknown said...

Of course I read your blog! I haven't had much of an opportunity since my arrival in this land of nutters, but I intend to check in very regularly to get updates on your blossoming new life!

XOXO

A

Apture

DJ Chauncey D on Facebook