where is the cerebral jester?

where is the cerebral jester?
visit him and his friends at the house of dandridge by clicking above

Saturday, January 13, 2007

independence day



so it's january 13th...for most that day doesn't have much significance but for me it marks my twelve year anniversary of the day i moved out of my parents house. back in 1995, my father borrowed his friends pick up truck and drove me, my mother and my small amount of things down to new brunswick and helped me load up the bedroom i shared with my then friend pete with my belongings. it was a bittersweet moment for my mom and dad, as could be expected, but it was one of the most exciting and joyous moments of my life. that's why i call today my 'independence day'. and what can i say twelve years later? that's a loaded question for sure. while i'm certainly not exactly where i want to be right now in my life...i'm wise enough to realize that noone ever will be or could be where they wanted to be so many years ago today. i'm taking today to take a small walk down that magical lane of memory...just a short walk for one one can linger in nostalgia to the point of destruction eheh...and remember all the good with the bad...all the lessons i've learned and all the lessons i've taught. we are at a crossroads very very often in our life but i feel that the fork in the road i'm at now is a fiesty one and i'm going to try to let it be the very last of it's magnitude of confusion. it's time to get my shit together as i've said probably every other year of my life...but i've had a lot of time recently to dance on the ledge of depression demise and still have refrained from falling over into the bottomless pit below. oh how dramatic...i guess the more things change the more they stay the same....let's avoid the cliche this time though....

peace

1 comments:

Unknown said...

Woah! You should check out my blog entries from a little more than a year ago to read from an extremely depressed, frantic and lost mind...It will help put the cyclical elements in perspective. I hope you are feeling good. I love it when that feeling hits you, forcing you to smile and take it all in stride. You are a surviving force of nature Chauncey. Show the world what you're made of!

Apture

DJ Chauncey D on Facebook