where is the cerebral jester?

where is the cerebral jester?
visit him and his friends at the house of dandridge by clicking above

Friday, November 2, 2007

diet chauncey treat


enough of the dreary political news...here's a beautiful track by the amazing and underrated singer skin. she used to be the lead singer of skunk anansie but has been pumping out solo stuff for some time now. the lyrics are gorgeous as is her delivery...it's not brand new but it's from her most recent release. it's also a break from the hard thumping sexelectro i usually post...that's why it's a diet chauncey treat hehe

here's the song

skin - purple

and here are the amazing lyrics

Purple washes over me
Seeping through my open seams
I’m stained all over

You pretend we’ve started again
Waiting for me to say when
But I say purple


She won’t go
Where I
I would go for you
I’d curse my heart
For you

Silence makes a girl talk fast
Speeding but I’m gonna crash
And burn for loves sake

Duty keeps a lover loyal
(But) is it really worth the spoils
When I dream purple

1 comments:

Anomaly said...

Skin has some cool solo stuff, as well as some good songs with Skunk Anansi.

Apture

DJ Chauncey D on Facebook